Sustainability of White Oak Timber
This conference is specifically for the industries dependent upon white oak including forest industries, industries using white oak casks, and organizations and agencies associated with these industries. It was held on April 4, 2017 from 1 – 4:30 p.m. at the Embassy Suites, 1801 Newtown Pike, Lexington, KY.
Assessing White Oak Supply
- Central Hardwoods - Bill Luppold, US Forest Service - Northern Region FIA
- Southern Region - Tom Brandeis, US Forest Service – Southern Region FIA
Moving Forward – Addressing Short and Long-Term Supply Issues
- Developing the White Oak Partnership
- Establishing a National White Oak Initiative
This conference will not only be devoted to providing information to white oak dependent industries but will lead to the establishment of a White Oak Partnership that will be designed to help ensure:
- Proper monitoring of white oak growth and drain
- Resources focused on addressing white oak threats
- Economic modelling associated with determining white availability
- Elected officials and governmental organizations understand the importance of this resource
- Development of a National White Oak Initiative to help protect and improve white oak sustainability
Registration: Cost for the conference is $25. Three hours of CFE's will be available for this conference. No registration fee is required for KDA and KFIA members; however, please call 859.257.7597 to let us know you will be attending. For online registration click here or call 859.257.7597 to register.
This conference is being held in conjunction with the Kentucky Forest Industries Association Meeting, visit www.kfia.org for more information.